We have two new Greek black metal demo collections, a good chance to highlight some other Hellenic bands all linked through Athens Storm Studio.
Tatir – Cave of Ephyras… To the Infernal Fields CD
Cave of Ephyras… To the Infernal Fields (an unreleased EP recorded in 1996), Dark Autumn Nights (1995), and Fons Acheroni (1996)
Mortify – The Way of All Flesh CD
Dizziness of the Occult (1990), …And Darkness was Upon (1993), and Promo 96
Tatir and Mortify recorded at Storm Studio which was owned and operated by George Zacharopoulos. George is bassist and vocalist in Necromantia and Thou Art Lord, he was also keyboardist (Morbid) with Rotting Christ during their best period.
His production work at Storm Studio helped form the instantly recognisable ‘Greek Black Metal’ sound of the early-mid 1990′s. Bands like Thou Art Lord, Varathron, and Rotting Christ created some of the most enduring black metal at Storm Studio.
Other bands that recorded at Storm Studio include:
- Agatus for their debut LP in 1994
- Kawir‘s early recordings, up until their first album
- Nergal for some of their early demos and debut album The Wizard of Nerath
- Rotting Christ‘s Classic Non Serviam
- Varathron recorded several classics at Storm including His Majesty at the Swamp, and Walpurgisnacht
There are samples in most of the above links, here are some more: